Zurich’s decision to shelve its plans to take over RSA surprised many observers.
It appeared to be a case of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s after the original 25 August deadline for the Swiss-based insurer to make a bid was extended to 22 September.
Zurich had offered £5.50 per share, valuing RSA at £5.6bn, which by all accounts was an attractive offer in view of its troubled recent history.
RSA’s board thought the offer was worthy of being put to its shareholders subject to the satisfact
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list