Zurich’s bid to buy RSA went into extra time last month after the initial 25 August deadline came and went without the parties reaching agreement on all matters.
RSA, with the consent of the Takeover Panel, agreed an extension to give both insurers a chance to iron out their differences before the new cuto point of 22 September.
No firm offer yet
While the providers stressed in a London Stock Exchange announcement that the development did not indicate a firm offer will be made, the signs were
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover