A decision by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to impose VAT on online and marketing services provided by introducer appointed representatives (IARs) will have a major impact on brokers according to industry figures.
The change prompted the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) to have discussions with financial services firm Deloitte which produced an update on the issue for insurance brokers in December 2014.
Its guidance states that HMRC considers that services provided by
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal