A decision by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to impose VAT on online and marketing services provided by introducer appointed representatives (IARs) will have a major impact on brokers according to industry figures.
The change prompted the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) to have discussions with financial services firm Deloitte which produced an update on the issue for insurance brokers in December 2014.
Its guidance states that HMRC considers that services provided by IAR
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti