No sooner had 2014 creaked into life than broker acquisition activity noticeably moved up a gear. And this time it was not restricted to the consolidators but involved brokers of varying sizes (see box below).
Low interest rates, an economy that looks to have turned the corner and growing market optimism (see box right) appear to have finally created a favourable environment for deals to be struck.
On a mission
“The evidence is out there,” stated Neil Campling, CEO of Middlesex-based broker
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups