No sooner had 2014 creaked into life than broker acquisition activity noticeably moved up a gear. And this time it was not restricted to the consolidators but involved brokers of varying sizes (see box below).
Low interest rates, an economy that looks to have turned the corner and growing market optimism (see box right) appear to have finally created a favourable environment for deals to be struck.
On a mission
“The evidence is out there,” stated Neil Campling, CEO of Middlesex-based broker
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth