No sooner had 2014 creaked into life than broker acquisition activity noticeably moved up a gear. And this time it was not restricted to the consolidators but involved brokers of varying sizes (see box below).
Low interest rates, an economy that looks to have turned the corner and growing market optimism (see box right) appear to have finally created a favourable environment for deals to be struck.
On a mission
“The evidence is out there,” stated Neil Campling, CEO of Middlesex-based broker
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future