Often viewed by brokers as a necessary evil, price comparison websites (PCWs) last month became the latest insurance-related area to come under the regulator’s microscope.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) confirmed that it had begun a thematic review into the online offerings, citing concerns that consumers may not be receiving the best deal. Specifically it will entail 14 PCWs, some 90% of the market, as well as several insurance providers.
The nuts and bolts of the financial watchdog’s fo
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason