Often viewed by brokers as a necessary evil, price comparison websites (PCWs) last month became the latest insurance-related area to come under the regulator’s microscope.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) confirmed that it had begun a thematic review into the online offerings, citing concerns that consumers may not be receiving the best deal. Specifically it will entail 14 PCWs, some 90% of the market, as well as several insurance providers.
The nuts and bolts of the financial watchdog’s fo
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin