Often viewed by brokers as a necessary evil, price comparison websites (PCWs) last month became the latest insurance-related area to come under the regulator’s microscope.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) confirmed that it had begun a thematic review into the online offerings, citing concerns that consumers may not be receiving the best deal. Specifically it will entail 14 PCWs, some 90% of the market, as well as several insurance providers.
The nuts and bolts of the financial watchdog’s fo
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April