Across the half-year results from insurers there was a general buzz of positivity. Most of the big names that brokers deal with saw an improvement in their combined operating ratio (COR), made all the more interesting by the fact that gross written premium (GWP) was, in the main, quite static.
In direct contrast with the situation this time last year, the weather was widely credited as a boon to results, with benign conditions helping to drive underwriting profit.
The most notable further trend
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel