Across the half-year results from insurers there was a general buzz of positivity. Most of the big names that brokers deal with saw an improvement in their combined operating ratio (COR), made all the more interesting by the fact that gross written premium (GWP) was, in the main, quite static.
In direct contrast with the situation this time last year, the weather was widely credited as a boon to results, with benign conditions helping to drive underwriting profit.
The most notable further trend
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin