Equity Insurance made quite a noise in the market last month, announcing that it was moving to a broker-only strategy and would only be writing motor business.
The provider, which was purchased by Aquiline Capital Partners from former owner Insurance Australia Group in April 2013, will cease to operate in the personal accident and home insurance markets.
Ian Parker, Equity CEO, said of this decision: “Those divisions are not significant for us. These lines are profitable but not strategic.”
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product