Equity Insurance made quite a noise in the market last month, announcing that it was moving to a broker-only strategy and would only be writing motor business.
The provider, which was purchased by Aquiline Capital Partners from former owner Insurance Australia Group in April 2013, will cease to operate in the personal accident and home insurance markets.
Ian Parker, Equity CEO, said of this decision: “Those divisions are not significant for us. These lines are profitable but not strategic.”
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022