Equity Insurance made quite a noise in the market last month, announcing that it was moving to a broker-only strategy and would only be writing motor business.
The provider, which was purchased by Aquiline Capital Partners from former owner Insurance Australia Group in April 2013, will cease to operate in the personal accident and home insurance markets.
Ian Parker, Equity CEO, said of this decision: “Those divisions are not significant for us. These lines are profitable but not strategic.”
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints