The news that Aviva has appointed a new CEO, six months after Andrew Moss bowed to shareholder pressure and stood down, has naturally revitalised the discussion on the insurer’s future.
Mark Wilson, formerly CEO and president of AIA Group in Hong Kong, takes up the role on 1 January 2013 replacing chairman John McFarlane, who temporarily stepped into the breach. There is no doubt he enters a company that has undergone a very eventful year.
For many, the news came as a relief. As Paul Moors, chai
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five