The news that Aviva has appointed a new CEO, six months after Andrew Moss bowed to shareholder pressure and stood down, has naturally revitalised the discussion on the insurer’s future.
Mark Wilson, formerly CEO and president of AIA Group in Hong Kong, takes up the role on 1 January 2013 replacing chairman John McFarlane, who temporarily stepped into the breach. There is no doubt he enters a company that has undergone a very eventful year.
For many, the news came as a relief. As Paul Moors, chai
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover