The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) shut down 734 claims management companies (CMCs) in 2011, according to recently released figures.
This represents almost one fifth of the total number of CMCs that were operating in the UK at the beginning of last year, a sizeable chunk of a market by anyone’s standards. Clearly, the claims management industry is not having an easy time of it at the moment.
“Obviously there are different types of CMCs,” said Chris Shaw, commercial director at Ai Claims Solutions.
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover