The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) shut down 734 claims management companies (CMCs) in 2011, according to recently released figures.
This represents almost one fifth of the total number of CMCs that were operating in the UK at the beginning of last year, a sizeable chunk of a market by anyone’s standards. Clearly, the claims management industry is not having an easy time of it at the moment.
“Obviously there are different types of CMCs,” said Chris Shaw, commercial director at Ai Claims Solutions.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m