The sacking of the entire executive board at Swinton by parent company Covea took the industry by surprise to say the least. It’s not often that an entire board is swept in away in one move and, on the face of it, a more unlikely board to meet that fate you couldn’t find.
But now that the shock has subsided, we are left two questions: what led to such a sudden and decisive move and what does it tell us about the impact of regulation on the way businesses are run?
The first question leads us into
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance