The recent slew of first quarter results from the major insurers came not only with improvements in combined operating ratios but also a hint of hardening in the commercial market.
As he revealed that Aviva’s general insurance UK net written premiums were up 20% to £1.1bn (Q1 2010: £913m), Mark Hodges, chief executive of Aviva UK, suggested the commercial market could be on the cusp of changing.
“We have seen some small evidence recently of rates just starting to creep up a little and we would l
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016