One of the hottest debates to come out of Biba 2011 centred on the thorny issue of brokers handling client money.
Speaking at the Regulatory Forum, Towergate chief executive Andy Homer, Bluefin’s Stuart Reid, Willis’ Brendan McManus and Steve White of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) discussed the need for a standard market wording for risk transfer and this was strongly supported by brokers
in the audience.
When the broker acts as an agent of the insurer and collects client
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018