One of the hottest debates to come out of Biba 2011 centred on the thorny issue of brokers handling client money.
Speaking at the Regulatory Forum, Towergate chief executive Andy Homer, Bluefin’s Stuart Reid, Willis’ Brendan McManus and Steve White of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) discussed the need for a standard market wording for risk transfer and this was strongly supported by brokers
in the audience.
When the broker acts as an agent of the insurer and collects client mon
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints