It must have been a strange year being the UK chief executive officer for Groupama Insurances in 2011. While the French-owned insurer reported a 34% increase in half-year pre-tax profits to £18.5m it has also been at the heart of a speculation whirlwind.
Parent company Groupama SA has regularly been hitting the headlines with reports that its solvency ratio has been severely impacted by exposure to Greek debt.
“I won’t make much comment [on group rumours],” states the UK chief, François-Xavier B
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017