It must have been a strange year being the UK chief executive officer for Groupama Insurances in 2011. While the French-owned insurer reported a 34% increase in half-year pre-tax profits to £18.5m it has also been at the heart of a speculation whirlwind.
Parent company Groupama SA has regularly been hitting the headlines with reports that its solvency ratio has been severely impacted by exposure to Greek debt.
“I won’t make much comment [on group rumours],” states the UK chief, François-Xavier B
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups