▶ How did you start your own brokerage?
I was working for another broker and had built up a decent client bank of my own. It was the same old story – I didn’t think I was being loved enough so took the plunge and made a couple of phone calls to existing clients to see if they wanted to come into business with me, and thankfully they did. Because I already had their business and gave them some equity in the firm to ensure I kept it, I didn’t need to borrow any money or raise bank debt. That said,
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April