A recent survey by Mazars stated that despite the apparent softening of the market, merger and acquisition continued apace with noticeable activity by the larger brokers such as Folgate. There are a number of reasons why a broker might consider merger, but increase of market influence; perceived economies of scale; increase of market share and as an exit route for existing shareholders were the top four considerations. Insurance Age spoke to Paul Beasley, managing director at RHG, which had
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin