A recent survey by Mazars stated that despite the apparent softening of the market, merger and acquisition continued apace with noticeable activity by the larger brokers such as Folgate. There are a number of reasons why a broker might consider merger, but increase of market influence; perceived economies of scale; increase of market share and as an exit route for existing shareholders were the top four considerations. Insurance Age spoke to Paul Beasley, managing director at RHG, which had
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData