It is often said the insurance industry could learn a lot from its rivals in the banking fraternity so it will be interesting to see how Ian Ormerod will utilise his banking background in his new role as head of distribution development at Axa.
Previously at Abbey National Bank, where he worked for eight years, Mr Ormerod came into the sector with no industry or insurance experience, although he did have limited experience of personal lines products that would naturally be sold through a bank
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April