There is no rose without a thorn and this certainly applies to broker Caunce O’Hara, which was subject to a recent cyber attack.
Staff returned to work at the start of 2017 and were greeted with a ransomware message, telling them their system had been hacked and files encrypted, along with a demand for bitcoins.
Managing director Stephen Darcy explains that while no client records were accessed and data was backed up, there was plenty of disruption and it shows any business can be a ransomware
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity