There is no rose without a thorn and this certainly applies to broker Caunce O’Hara, which was subject to a recent cyber attack.
Staff returned to work at the start of 2017 and were greeted with a ransomware message, telling them their system had been hacked and files encrypted, along with a demand for bitcoins.
Managing director Stephen Darcy explains that while no client records were accessed and data was backed up, there was plenty of disruption and it shows any business can be a ransomware
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017