There is no rose without a thorn and this certainly applies to broker Caunce O’Hara, which was subject to a recent cyber attack.
Staff returned to work at the start of 2017 and were greeted with a ransomware message, telling them their system had been hacked and files encrypted, along with a demand for bitcoins.
Managing director Stephen Darcy explains that while no client records were accessed and data was backed up, there was plenty of disruption and it shows any business can be a ransomware
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups