There is no rose without a thorn and this certainly applies to broker Caunce O’Hara, which was subject to a recent cyber attack.
Staff returned to work at the start of 2017 and were greeted with a ransomware message, telling them their system had been hacked and files encrypted, along with a demand for bitcoins.
Managing director Stephen Darcy explains that while no client records were accessed and data was backed up, there was plenty of disruption and it shows any business can be a ransomware
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin