There is no rose without a thorn and this certainly applies to broker Caunce O’Hara, which was subject to a recent cyber attack.
Staff returned to work at the start of 2017 and were greeted with a ransomware message, telling them their system had been hacked and files encrypted, along with a demand for bitcoins.
Managing director Stephen Darcy explains that while no client records were accessed and data was backed up, there was plenty of disruption and it shows any business can be a ransomware
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders