A luxurious mews home is undergoing renovations when a fire takes hold, causing extensive damage to the entire building. Unfortunately the owners had not advised their home insurer of the renovations and their losses aren’t covered under their standard policy. Scenarios like these not only create expensive issues for the homeowner but can also create friction between them and their broker, with a lack of insurance cover when it comes to renovation and extension work a common source of complaints
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product