High net worth (HNW) clients have valuable homes, priceless jewellery and enviable cars. You'd be forgiven for believing then that with more on the line to lose these high-flyers and savvy savers would know how much their portfolios are worth and insure them accordingly.
However, brokers and insurers say they feel that undervaluing is as much of a problem in the high net worth space as it is in standard personal lines.
"We see underinsurance regularly," says Pat Towers, private clients'
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal