From trade body bust-ups to hefty regulatory fines, 2013 did not lack its fair share of contentious events.
Straight from the off the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) wasted no time in whipping up a January storm with a controversial survey.
The study reported that 90% of brokers said insurers were becoming stricter when it came to paying claims, largely driven by the economic climate and fraud.
Cue the almost instantaneous insurer fight back with the Association of British Insurers
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five