From trade body bust-ups to hefty regulatory fines, 2013 did not lack its fair share of contentious events.
Straight from the off the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) wasted no time in whipping up a January storm with a controversial survey.
The study reported that 90% of brokers said insurers were becoming stricter when it came to paying claims, largely driven by the economic climate and fraud.
Cue the almost instantaneous insurer fight back with the Association of British Insurers
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin