From trade body bust-ups to hefty regulatory fines, 2013 did not lack its fair share of contentious events.
Straight from the off the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) wasted no time in whipping up a January storm with a controversial survey.
The study reported that 90% of brokers said insurers were becoming stricter when it came to paying claims, largely driven by the economic climate and fraud.
Cue the almost instantaneous insurer fight back with the Association of British Insurers
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud