After the purchase of Giles by Arthur J. Gallagher, one can sense a distinct fin de siècle whiff as we draw close to the end of the consolidation era. Once again, we have a market comprising of bigger brokers, smaller brokers and some medium-sized brokers in between.
Twenty years ago it was possible to buy mailing lists of UK brokers that numbered about 12,000. And, even allowing for a few duplicates and so forth, it was generally accepted that there were around 10,000 to play with.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData