After the purchase of Giles by Arthur J. Gallagher, one can sense a distinct fin de siècle whiff as we draw close to the end of the consolidation era. Once again, we have a market comprising of bigger brokers, smaller brokers and some medium-sized brokers in between.
Twenty years ago it was possible to buy mailing lists of UK brokers that numbered about 12,000. And, even allowing for a few duplicates and so forth, it was generally accepted that there were around 10,000 to play with.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017