After the purchase of Giles by Arthur J. Gallagher, one can sense a distinct fin de siècle whiff as we draw close to the end of the consolidation era. Once again, we have a market comprising of bigger brokers, smaller brokers and some medium-sized brokers in between.
Twenty years ago it was possible to buy mailing lists of UK brokers that numbered about 12,000. And, even allowing for a few duplicates and so forth, it was generally accepted that there were around 10,000 to play with.
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit