In 2011, Peter Cullum warned brokers that if they failed to switch on to e-trading, then more technologically savvy outfits would “eat their breakfast before they got up in the morning”. It is a warning, along with plenty of others, that brokers appear to have heeded.
Datamonitor statistics compiled for 2012 found that 51.2% of brokers use a marketplace portal to transact commercial business while 48.8% place trade through insurer extranet sites.
While personal lines has always been viewed as
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit