In 2011, Peter Cullum warned brokers that if they failed to switch on to e-trading, then more technologically savvy outfits would “eat their breakfast before they got up in the morning”. It is a warning, along with plenty of others, that brokers appear to have heeded.
Datamonitor statistics compiled for 2012 found that 51.2% of brokers use a marketplace portal to transact commercial business while 48.8% place trade through insurer extranet sites.
While personal lines has always been viewed as th
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?