In 2011, Peter Cullum warned brokers that if they failed to switch on to e-trading, then more technologically savvy outfits would “eat their breakfast before they got up in the morning”. It is a warning, along with plenty of others, that brokers appear to have heeded.
Datamonitor statistics compiled for 2012 found that 51.2% of brokers use a marketplace portal to transact commercial business while 48.8% place trade through insurer extranet sites.
While personal lines has always been viewed as th
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product