When news about health and safety ‘fees for intervention' broke in the mainstream media, the daggers were quickly drawn for the Health and Safety Executive, which has a public perception as killjoy-in-chief seemingly pervaded in perpetuity.
The HSE is facing 35% budget cuts, likely to amount to £80m a year, so the prospect of the regulator clawing back the shortfall through a new charging system has unsurprisingly met with negative headlines.
The HSE consultation documents on FFI reveal that the
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?