On 1 October the playground taunt "pinch, punch first of the month" will be painfully apt for a record number of solicitors. Quinn's much publicised exit from the professional indemnity (PI) market has left 2,911 of the UK's 10,000 law firms hungrily searching for a new insurer in a market with an extremely limited appetite. Hiscox and Catlin have thrown in the towel while Zurich, which previously had a 13% share of the market, has shut its doors to new business. Solicitors that fail to secure P
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin