One element that really makes the Scottish market stand out is the strength of its independent brokers and Mr Kelly is a strong supporter and cheerleader of this sector.
"They are still very vibrant as individuals and a group," he says. "Previously, Allianz didn't try to do business with independents but we are trying to change that. We want to balance this with the existing business we have with the national brokers.
Such is the profile of the independent sector, Mr Kelly believes that by bring
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints