One element that really makes the Scottish market stand out is the strength of its independent brokers and Mr Kelly is a strong supporter and cheerleader of this sector.
"They are still very vibrant as individuals and a group," he says. "Previously, Allianz didn't try to do business with independents but we are trying to change that. We want to balance this with the existing business we have with the national brokers.
Such is the profile of the independent sector, Mr Kelly believes that by bring
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m