One element that really makes the Scottish market stand out is the strength of its independent brokers and Mr Kelly is a strong supporter and cheerleader of this sector.
"They are still very vibrant as individuals and a group," he says. "Previously, Allianz didn't try to do business with independents but we are trying to change that. We want to balance this with the existing business we have with the national brokers.
Such is the profile of the independent sector, Mr Kelly believes that by bring
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices