Ms Dillett says: "Business is really hard at the moment, it's a constant challenge." She explains that the dangerous practice of 'desk top reviews' has increased lately. This involves brokers quoting for new business 'blind' where they don't request a reporting mandate so as not to alert the holding broker that their business is being attacked, and provide a quote without looking at the claims experience of the client.
"We are definitely seeing more of this as new business is hard to find and ev
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin