How big a threat are the new breed of supermarket insurance divisions to brokers?
TA: I think one of the first issues that we should discuss is whether supermarkets are actually helping to accelerate rapid movement towards the commoditisation of our products. That to me is one of the really disappointing things about supermarkets distributing personal-lines products.
CC: It's about ease and simplicity of purchase. Maybe some of the mysteries that we have created around insurance in general has
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth