Talking rates down - a necessary aspect of preparing for the worst or self-fulfiling prophecy?
Kevin: The point I always make about talking rates up is that all of us on the insurance side have the choice whether to write a risk or not.
So if rates are reducing it's because that's what we want to do and it is within our control. Every time a broker comes to us with a quotation enquiry we have the choice whether we meet what that broker is asking for or not.
John: One of the things related to th
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth