Talking rates down - a necessary aspect of preparing for the worst or self-fulfiling prophecy?
Kevin: The point I always make about talking rates up is that all of us on the insurance side have the choice whether to write a risk or not.
So if rates are reducing it's because that's what we want to do and it is within our control. Every time a broker comes to us with a quotation enquiry we have the choice whether we meet what that broker is asking for or not.
John: One of the things related to th
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017