Are the current consolidation strategies sucking the entrepreneurial lifeblood out of the insurance industry?
Paul: The short answer is no. However, it's not as easy as it was five years ago, especially with regulatory requirements and a consolidated insurance market. One of the biggest drives in the industry at the moment is people seeing their bosses or peers walk away with large amounts of money, which will encourage them to do something for themselves.
Steve: In the past, consolidation periods
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017