Are the current consolidation strategies sucking the entrepreneurial lifeblood out of the insurance industry?
Paul: The short answer is no. However, it's not as easy as it was five years ago, especially with regulatory requirements and a consolidated insurance market. One of the biggest drives in the industry at the moment is people seeing their bosses or peers walk away with large amounts of money, which will encourage them to do something for themselves.
Steve: In the past, consolidation periods
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall