Are the current consolidation strategies sucking the entrepreneurial lifeblood out of the insurance industry?
Paul: The short answer is no. However, it's not as easy as it was five years ago, especially with regulatory requirements and a consolidated insurance market. One of the biggest drives in the industry at the moment is people seeing their bosses or peers walk away with large amounts of money, which will encourage them to do something for themselves.
Steve: In the past, consolidation periods
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal