Is the industry heading for a skills and talent crisis - and, if so, how should it respond?
CE: As a recruitment agency, we are currently being flooded with graduates seeking employment in the insurance sector at very low salaries. I think that a lot of the vacancies I am putting these graduates forward for could easily be dealt with by school-leavers.
JW: What sort of subjects are they graduates in?
CE: Absolutely anything - from geography to social sciences.
JW: Is that not part of the problem
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover