Can/should the industry unite to promote the benefits of the insurance broker at a national level?
Colin: The industry has had several attempts at mobilising activity in this direction but getting consensus is very difficult because there are the specialists, the generalists and the community broker. All of these groups perhaps have things in common but equally, when it comes to doing the business, the proposition is very tailored.
When it comes to the message that should be promoted, I think
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed