For a long while the appointed representative (AR) business model in the general insurance market has not had the same acceptance as directly authorised brokers.
In the broader financial services world, however, this is a prevalent way of trading, with thousands of IFAs operating in this manner, from sole traders to substantial businesses.
In other parts of the world, AR models, or variations of them, are broadly recognised as a valuable part of the insurance community.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Is the talent pool drying up?