For a long while the appointed representative (AR) business model in the general insurance market has not had the same acceptance as directly authorised brokers.
In the broader financial services world, however, this is a prevalent way of trading, with thousands of IFAs operating in this manner, from sole traders to substantial businesses.
In other parts of the world, AR models, or variations of them, are broadly recognised as a valuable part of the insurance community.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business