To read the reactions to the Chancellor of the Exchequer's decision to increase Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) to 9.5% from November 2015, you'd expect our industry to be preparing for the inevitable backlash and reputation bashing that comes when premium increases hit the press.
But will the IPT increase really end up in consumers' laps or have we reached a tipping point for an industry already squeezed on all sides?
The Chancellor's most recent comments saying that the industry should be able to
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April