To read the reactions to the Chancellor of the Exchequer's decision to increase Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) to 9.5% from November 2015, you'd expect our industry to be preparing for the inevitable backlash and reputation bashing that comes when premium increases hit the press.
But will the IPT increase really end up in consumers' laps or have we reached a tipping point for an industry already squeezed on all sides?
The Chancellor's most recent comments saying that the industry should be able to
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Manchester critical of Simply Business’ cyber stance
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress