Only three weeks into the job and the former RBS banking chief has just reported, what he even described, as a "poor" set of results for 2013.
Indeed, the insurer's UK and Western Europe performance was so bad that, from the point of view of a journalist, it was almost difficult to know where to start.
So let's start with what most judged were the headline figures. The insurer racked up a post-tax loss of £338m for 2013, an incredible £600m reverse on the £327m profit recorded the previous year.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners