Last year's Olympics excluded, the likes of High Speed 2 (HS2), airport capacity expansion and the redevelopment of Wembley stadium all spring to mind as obvious examples over recent years.
Despite years of debate we are none the wiser as to whether a third runway will be constructed at Heathrow or if the so-called ‘Boris Island' will be built to ease capacity concerns. Perhaps extensions of Gatwick or Stansted will even get the nod.
Meanwhile, the cost of building HS2 is spiralling out of cont
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti