In October 2011 Mark Hodges picked up the reins at Towergate. Come March the following year Peter Blanc took over as group chief executive at Oval.
The very next month Brendan McManus took on the challenge of recalibrating Giles.
If you think about the people they replaced - Peter Cullum, Phillip Hodson and Chris Giles - then it truly was a changing of the guard.
These were deal makers, good at buying up businesses and, looking back at it, good at racking up debts.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData