The watchdog also highlighted the practise employed by water companies of pushing unnecessary insurance policies on customers. This wasn’t as broad a swipe at the industry in general, but Homeserve did get dragged into the spotlight.
And what a week Homeserve had. While it is merely guilty by association in regard to the water companies, the news that it has been fined a record £750,000 by Ofcom for making excessive silent and abandoned phonecalls to its UK customers cannot be similarly shrugged
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Is the talent pool drying up?