By all accounts, the Riverbourne Group and Astbury Wren, the two brokers that went bust, were good businesses.
They both had a solid trading history and there was nothing in the structure of either that would have pointed to failure. Indeed, Astbury Wren has already been snapped up by local competitor Risk Services (NW) and word has it that there are a number of suitors talking to the administrators looking after Riverbourne.
So what went wrong? Good businesses don’t just cease to be able to tra
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Ardonagh posts £14.1m loss for Q1 2018
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies