With 2016 in full stride, it seems a good time to pause and take stock of the year so far. Some of the key industry developments have been marked on the cards for a while – Solvency II and the implementation of the Insurance Act 2015 to name just two.
Others, such as the unrelentingly soft market across the board and responding to the floods, are part-and-parcel of the insurance game the industry plays but they still bring their challenges for both brokers and insurers alike.
The first day of th
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards