With 2016 in full stride, it seems a good time to pause and take stock of the year so far. Some of the key industry developments have been marked on the cards for a while – Solvency II and the implementation of the Insurance Act 2015 to name just two.
Others, such as the unrelentingly soft market across the board and responding to the floods, are part-and-parcel of the insurance game the industry plays but they still bring their challenges for both brokers and insurers alike.
The first day of
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews