The broking sector could be on the cusp of a new wave of consolidation following Giles’ recent £5.1m bid for CBG Group and Gallagher’s courting of Oxygen.
Although neither deal had been completed at the time of going to press, John Needham, partner in the broking team at accountancy firm Littlejohn, predicted there would be further offers for Manchester-based CBG and that acquisition activity was picking up in the wider market.
“We’ve seen more activity this year than last,” he said. “Everybody
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey