The broking sector could be on the cusp of a new wave of consolidation following Giles’ recent £5.1m bid for CBG Group and Gallagher’s courting of Oxygen.
Although neither deal had been completed at the time of going to press, John Needham, partner in the broking team at accountancy firm Littlejohn, predicted there would be further offers for Manchester-based CBG and that acquisition activity was picking up in the wider market.
“We’ve seen more activity this year than last,” he said. “Everybody
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups