The broking sector could be on the cusp of a new wave of consolidation following Giles’ recent £5.1m bid for CBG Group and Gallagher’s courting of Oxygen.
Although neither deal had been completed at the time of going to press, John Needham, partner in the broking team at accountancy firm Littlejohn, predicted there would be further offers for Manchester-based CBG and that acquisition activity was picking up in the wider market.
“We’ve seen more activity this year than last,” he said. “Everybody
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall