There has been a number of different regulators over the years - Association of British Insurers (ABI) Code, Insurance Brokers Regulation Council (IBRC), General Insurance Standards Council (GISC) and, of course, the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
Each regime has sought to leave an imprint and what is really telling is the growing size of the rule books. ABI Code was two pages but that still caused problems, GISC Rules ran to 44 pages and the pages of the FSA Handbook, if stacked, would rea
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData