Plenty of column inches have been devoted to legal expenses of late what with the Jackson Review and all the fears that particular report generated. Lord Justice Jackson, as you no doubt are fully aware, recommended a ban on personal injury referral fees, the introduction of one-way cost shifting, making after the event (ATE) insurance premiums irrecoverable and a greater take-up of before the event insurance.
At least one or all of these recommendations had the legal expenses insurers up in arm
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed