Plenty of column inches have been devoted to legal expenses of late what with the Jackson Review and all the fears that particular report generated. Lord Justice Jackson, as you no doubt are fully aware, recommended a ban on personal injury referral fees, the introduction of one-way cost shifting, making after the event (ATE) insurance premiums irrecoverable and a greater take-up of before the event insurance.
At least one or all of these recommendations had the legal expenses insurers up in
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product