Underwriters aren't what they used to be, apparently. Or so say a number of brokers, who claim that there is an obvious skills shortage in the sector that needs to be urgently addressed. The underwriters' response?
To admit that there has been a problem in the past few years - but one they are striving to correct.
There are a number of reasons why underwriting standards have been slipping in the last five to 10 years: lack of training, for instance, and people leaving the sector or being made
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty