The insurance industry is not yet ready for environmental legislation, according to an industry source.
Suzanne Kearney, head of casualty, technical, at Crawford and Company, warned both insurers and brokers that they had not yet grasped the intent of recent environmental directives, leaving them open to liability claims. Recent legislation has included:
- Registration Evaluation Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) - will require businesses or manufacturers to provide data and e
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData