In the personal lines market, Norwich Union (NU) recorded an overall £26m profit (2003: £24m loss) on net written premiums of £3.2bn (2003: £2.99bn) and an improved combined operating ratio of 100% (2003: 101%).
This has been assisted by claims cost savings in the insurer's supply chain. This amounted to an increase of £55m across its UK portfolio, as well as small premium increases of 1% for homeowners and 2% in motor.
Following the closure of Hill House Hammond (HHH), NU said it was on targe
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017