In the personal lines market, Norwich Union (NU) recorded an overall £26m profit (2003: £24m loss) on net written premiums of £3.2bn (2003: £2.99bn) and an improved combined operating ratio of 100% (2003: 101%).
This has been assisted by claims cost savings in the insurer's supply chain. This amounted to an increase of £55m across its UK portfolio, as well as small premium increases of 1% for homeowners and 2% in motor.
Following the closure of Hill House Hammond (HHH), NU said it was on targe
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints