When travel agents were exempted from Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulation, the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) agreed that its members would in future have to pass formal insurance qualifications.
So, in November last year, ABTA launched its new travel insurance training and examination packs.
ABTA developed the packs with the help of the Association of Travel Insurance Intermediaries and other industry professionals. Ian Reynolds, ABTA's chief executive, said at the time
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m