When travel agents were exempted from Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulation, the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) agreed that its members would in future have to pass formal insurance qualifications.
So, in November last year, ABTA launched its new travel insurance training and examination packs.
ABTA developed the packs with the help of the Association of Travel Insurance Intermediaries and other industry professionals. Ian Reynolds, ABTA's chief executive, said at the time
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups