No one can deny that independent general insurance brokers have been through a lot in the past few years, what with continuing Financial Services Authority regulation, consolidation, a soft market and rising commission rates among the larger brokers and consolidators.
Throw into the mix the latest trend of insurers buying up the largest, most successful and entrepreneurial brokers, and it is no surprise that brokers are feeling the pressure in more ways than one.
That being said, the results o
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017