No one can deny that independent general insurance brokers have been through a lot in the past few years, what with continuing Financial Services Authority regulation, consolidation, a soft market and rising commission rates among the larger brokers and consolidators.
Throw into the mix the latest trend of insurers buying up the largest, most successful and entrepreneurial brokers, and it is no surprise that brokers are feeling the pressure in more ways than one.
That being said, the results
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty