No one can deny that independent general insurance brokers have been through a lot in the past few years, what with continuing Financial Services Authority regulation, consolidation, a soft market and rising commission rates among the larger brokers and consolidators.
Throw into the mix the latest trend of insurers buying up the largest, most successful and entrepreneurial brokers, and it is no surprise that brokers are feeling the pressure in more ways than one.
That being said, the results o
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData