The risks facing owners of computer equipment are twofold: the threat of theft of what are high-value, relatively anonymous items; and the possibility of malicious interference with systems and data.
Any initial risk assessment should focus on how loss or damage to computers could affect the business; the cost and time involved replacing equipment; and the most vulnerable areas of a client's premises.
Thereafter, certain general precautions are essential: keep a register of all computer assets
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed