As the global economic slow down continues to bite in the UK, businesses are coming under increasing financial pressure from stagnating sales and rising costs. Squeezed profit margins have spurred many firms to look into trimming costs, and with employment costs often the largest overhead, a general tightening of employment conditions and a rise in lay-offs and redundancies now seem inevitable.
In addition, employees will be feeling the pinch and may look to their employers for some financial
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?