Research by the Society of Claims Technicians has found that being aclaims handler in today's aggressive market can often be a stressfulexperience.
Over half the claims handlers interviewed in the Society's study felt thatthe public had become 'less reasonable' over the past 12 months, and werenow 'very demanding'. And an overwhelming majority believed that at least50% of claimants did not tell the whole truth.
Two-thirds of claims-handlers also said that at least one in 10 claimantsbecame
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty